Major fire extinguished at exclusive Manchester restaurant The Ivy

Emergency services have been dealing with a major fire at The Ivy restaurant in central Manchester.

The fire broke out just before 5pm on Friday afternoon when fire crews were called to the restaurant.

The blaze is being blamed on a patio heater on the three-storey building’s rooftop terrace.

The exclusive restaurant only opened in Manchester city centre’s Spinningfields quarter in November.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue has since said that the fire has been extinguished.

“Four fire engines from Manchester Central, Salford and Stretford and the aerial appliance from Stretford used three breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire. A ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.

“Three crews will remain at the scene this evening to dampen down.”

-Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue

City centre roads were closed while crews tackled the blaze.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s